Terms and Conditions of Use
YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
This site (www.RegFG.com), including all its features and content, (the “Site”) is a service made available by The Regulatory Fundamentals Group LLC (“RFG”) and all content, information, products and services ordered or provided on or through the Site, including without limitation any publications or messages sent as part of the Site or as a result of your access to the Site, (“Content”) may be used solely under the terms and conditions set forth below as such terms may be modified, amended or changed by RFG from time to time in its sole discretion (the “Terms”). If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not access or use this Site or the Content and you must cease any access or use immediately. If you have any questions regarding these Terms, please contact Information@RegFG.com.
1. The Site is an issue identification and knowledge management resource intended to be used for general informational purposes only and not to address particular requirements or needs. The Content is not intended to be relied upon by the reader in making (or refraining from making) any decision or taking (or refraining from taking) any action. Appropriate independent advice, from duly licensed advisers, should always be obtained concerning legal, tax, investment, accounting and other business matters or issues identified in the Content. Use of the materials provided on or through this Site do not create and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any party, including RFG. RFG is a consulting company, not a law firm. All use of the Site is at your own risk. RFG and entities posting on the Site do not warrant that any information contained herein is suitable, accurate, complete, timely or relevant given the factual context and circumstances that may apply to any specific person, entity or business or regulatory consideration. Neither RFG nor any entity posting on the Site will assume any liability for the interpretation and/or use of the Content and they do not intend links on the Site to be construed as endorsements of any parties linked to from the Site. RFG makes no representations, guarantees or warranties, express or implied, about the content or quality of web sites, entities or individuals to which links or contact information may be provided from this Site. The reader is solely responsible for assessing the trustworthiness of any source or Content provided on or through the Site. RFG assumes no responsibility for verifying, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, the trustworthiness of any such source or content or any subsequent communications.
2. The reader is granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and use the Site and the Content only for the reader’s personal use and not for commercial exploitation in any way or any manner. However, to the extent the Site offers opportunities to purchase Content, you may make such purchases on behalf of any legal entity for which you are authorized to act.
4. Reader represents and warrants that: (a) you have the capacity to agree to these Terms; and (b) you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. This Site is not intended for users of under eighteen (18) years of age, and such individuals are not permitted to use this Site.
5. Reader covenants and agrees to:
(a) comply fully with these Terms and with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in relation to the Site, including without limitation, laws relating to the use of intellectual property;
(b) not use the Site or the Content outside the scope of the permitted use under these Terms and not to infringe any intellectual property or other rights in or relating to the Site, the Content or the intellectual property rights of any third party;
(c) not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, upload, download, transmit, create derivative works from or otherwise exploit or tamper with the Site or the Content, except as follows:
(i) Your computer or mobile device may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
(ii) You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
(d) not interfere with the use of the Site or the Content by other readers nor to hack into or cause damage to any server or other equipment operated by RFG or on its behalf;
(e) indemnify and hold RFG, its members, affiliates, staff, licensors and sub-contractors harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, proceedings, claims, liability and expenses (including without limitation attorneys fees and costs) that we might incur by reason of a breach by you of these Terms or arising out of your use or sharing of the Site.
(f) not attempt to gain or to provide to another unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, or any server, computer or database connected to or utilized by the Site.
6. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted within the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement under US copyright law, you should notify us promptly at Information@RegFG.com with a written notice that sets forth the infringement details.
7. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED ABOVE, THE SITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND RFG EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
8. Reader understands that we do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. Reader is responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements.
9. IN NO EVENT WILL RFG, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, MANAGING MEMBERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY CONTENT, OR ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, AND LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
10. Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in these Terms, in the event that reader incurs any loss, damage or expense arising out of your use of any Content or the Site, reader agrees that the liability of RFG or any entity listed above shall be limited to the sum of US$100.
11. RFG may make additions, deletions or changes (together, "amendments") to the provisions of these Terms from time to time. Any amended Terms will be notified to reader by being posted on the Site. It is your responsibility to refer regularly to these Terms and note any amendments. Amendments will come into effect immediately on the amended Terms being posted and you will be deemed to have accepted them if you access the Site after that time. If you do not wish to accept them, you must terminate access to and use of the Site.
13. All matters relating to the Site and these Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice or conflict of laws provision or rule. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms or the Site shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of New York, in each case located in the City of New York and County of New York, although we retain the right to bring any suit, action or proceeding against you for breach of these Terms in such other venue as we deem appropriate. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
14. RFG makes no representation that Site and/or Content, including services and products offered on the Site, are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the United States. Those who choose to access this Site from these locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with the applicable local laws.
15. You may be prompted to register in order to access products and services provided on or through the Site. You agree to provide complete and accurate information when registering. Unless otherwise noted on the Site, each registration application is for a single individual only. Additional and/or different terms and conditions may apply to the use of some products and services. You are responsible for preventing unauthorized access to such products and services.
16. The Site may contain sponsorships by third parties. Sponsors are solely responsible for ensuring the material they provide for inclusion on the Site complies with applicable laws.
* * * * *
The Regulatory Fundamentals Group LLC ("RFG") collects information about you in a number of ways. We automatically collect information about your use of the Site, including the page views, length of visit, and the location from which you access our Site. This data does not contain personally identifiable information.
RFG may also set cookies for your internet browser as you use our Site. A cookie is piece of information stored on your browser for the purpose of identifying you at a later time. It stores your preferences and identifying information, such as username and password, so that they do not need to be re-entered.
In addition, in order to provide you access to certain materials, products and services available through the Site, we may request personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number. It is entirely your choice whether or not to provide such information.
How We Use Your Information: RFG may use the personally identifiable information that you provide to us for any legal purpose, which may include various forms of communication regarding your use of the Site and the materials obtained from the Site. We may also send you information about services offered by RFG as well as other timely information.
RFG will never sell or distribute your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent.
Opt-Out: If you would prefer to not receive further communications from RFG, you can notify us of your decisions to opt out by emailing Information@RegFG.com.
Security Safeguards: RFG uses a variety of data security measures intended to reasonably prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact RFG at Information@RegFG.com.